Sunday, December 19, 2010

My so called mothering style

The more I read about greyhounds the more they seem to have the personality of my oldest daughter. I tend to be loud(a yell-er really) but don't get me wrong I like to be silly and have fun too. My daughter can be silly and funny too but she hates when I yell..who really likes it I suppose? I guess you could say I try to raise my kids as greyhound racers. Which is fine but what if they don't want to race? What if they want to be lovable and calm and whatever? Can I let that happen?? Can I just let them be? Humm..maybe, I am not sure? I do want them to find something that is for them and I want to encourage them in it. But what if they don't know, what if they just want to be lovable?
What I do know is I see where things can improve; in my life, in others, in my children, in programs, in buildings, in..etc. Some people think I see the worst in them or things but I see it as I see the full potential(wrong or right , I don't know)
Just because I see these things does not mean I actually improve them(especially in myself)but sometimes I do. I feel I am rambling but it is hard to put this into words!
What I am trying to say is what I have read about how I should raise a greyhound, train a greyhound, love a greyhound is how I should have been raising my daughter, training and loving my daughter. That is when it hit me that God is going to be teaching my somethings that are going to require me to be soo humble or should I say humbled!

2 comments:

  1. Christie says; ‎((huggs)) you are an amazing person inside and out .. i luv ya ! I totally got so much out of this blog and it had nothing to do with a dog for me ... i think you should write daily inspirations for people ... !! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Kelli -- I am so grateful that I have a friend like you that always sees my full "potential" even when I don't. Thank you for your posts! Love you!

    ReplyDelete